Close this search box.
Cart 0
Kerry FC Academy

Kerry FC LOI Academy Results

Kerry FC had 4 teams in an action packed weekend, with mixed results.

Under 17 Carlow Kilkenny 0–1 Kerry FC
Star billing this week undoubtedly goes to Kerry FC’s under 17 side who accounted for Carlow Kilkenny on Saturday. Kerry travelled to Carlow to take on the home team and after a hard fought contest emerged victorious thanks to a late Kyle Foley goal.

Kerry started the better, aided by a strong wind. Josh Bowler and Andrew Kerins created chances on the wings. Tom Healy and Shayne Stack controlled the middle of the park. However the home side defended well to go in scoreless at the break. Kerry continued to press after the restart with Luke Palmer constantly causing problems up front. CK to their credit also were dangerous in attack. However the Kerry back four of Paddy McMahon, Cian Beirne, Adam Finn and new signing Eldion Topalli defended with tenacity throughout the match. Keeper Darragh Foley produced a flying save in the 78th minute to turn a certain goal around the top corner to keep Kerry’s goal intact.

This seemed to be a wake up call for the team and shortly after Kerry FC made the breakthrough. Kyle Foley was the Kerry hero. He was on the end of a sweeping passing movement and he unleashed a tremendous shot worthy of winning any match.Kerry saw out the remainder of the match to give them a timely boost before entertaining Shamrock Rovers in the cup in 2 weeks. Man of the Match was Tom Healy.

Under 15 Limerick United 3–3 Kerry FC
This was another pulsating encounter in Hogan Park Limerick on Sunday afternoon. However Kerry had to settle for a share of the spoils when the final whistle blew.

The home team dominated the early exchanges and nearly took the lead in the 12th minute but keeper Ewan McCrohan tipped over. Kerry took the lead in the 24th minute. Xavier Wensierski made a great run down the right wing and found Pierce Lowth in the box and Lowth shot to the bottom corner to give Kerry the lead. However Limerick were on parity 8 minutes later. Joe Murphy dispatched an unstoppable drive from the edge of the box.

Kerry were back in front shortly after the restart. Ben Faulkner floated in a great free kick and Rob Keane out jumped his marker to direct a deft header to the bottom corner. Disaster befell Kerry in the 58th minute. The referee adjuged the Kerry keeper to have handled outside of his penalty area and gave him a red card. Kerry rallied after this setback and went 3-1 ahead in the 68th minute. Edison Jahiri sent Christy Burke through and Burke finished in style.

However in the last quarter the extra man told. New keeper Shane Fitzgerald produced a stunning save n the 76th minute to deny Limerick a certain goal. However the home side reduced the deficit to a single goal in the 82nd minute via an Oscar O’Donohue penalty. Kerry defended in numbers in the closing stages, with Kalen Browne and Ben Faulkner in tremendous form at the back. However Limerick grabbed an equaliser in the last minute through Liam Murphy to snatch a share of the spoils. Man of the Match was Ethan Ballard

Under 19 Kerry FC 0–3 Waterford FC
On Sunday a young Kerry side hosted Waterford in the league. Kerry aquitted themselves well for most of the match but 3 late goals saw the visitors run out deserving winners.Kerry had chances in the first half thanks to good work by Conor Kerins in the middle of the park. Cianan Cooney and Andrew Kerins tried hard in the opening half but found no way past a strong Waterford backline.The visitors upped the tempo in the second half and Kerry keeper Richie Healy produced some top class saves to deny the visitors. However he was finally beaten in the 70th minute when Zak O’Sullivan netted. Shane O’Sullivan added a second in the 78th minute.Zak O’Sullivan sealed the points for Waterford with a late strike. Man of the Match was Conor Kerins.

Under 14 Kerry FC 3–4 Athlone Town
This was another cracking game of football in Mounthawk Park on Saturday afternoon.Kerry however were unlucky to lose out in a seven goal classic.Kerry took the lead in 15th minute when a defence splitting pass by Alex O’Carroll put Edison Jahiri through. Edison still had plenty to do but found the bottom corner after some tricky footwork. Athlone however hit a purple patch in the next 10 minutes. Leandro Miranda pounced to equalise in the 18th minute after he was quickest to react to a Kerry keeper parry. Shortly afterwards he intercepted a headed back pass and put the visitors ahead. Four minutes later Mark Monaghan capped a fine game with a powerful strike to put Athlone 3-1 ahead.

Kerry reduced the deficit just before the break.Edison Jahiri dispossessed an Athlone defender well outside the box and drilled a screamer into the bottom corner of the net. Kerry tried hard in the second half thanks to good work by Shane O’Donavan in the middle of the park. Alex Kerins and Darragh O’Sullivan produced some fine runs down the wing. However Athlone were also dangerous in an open contest. They went 4-2 ahead with 20 minutes remaining when a Mark Monaghan strike was deflected to the net. Callum Robertson capped a fine game for Kerry with a superb strike to see Kerry only a goal down with eight minutes remaining on the clock. However further Kerry pressure failed to yield that elusive equaliser, in this absorbing contest. Man of the Match was Edison Jahiri.


Academy Match Gallery